Elettromeccanica Giordano Colombo is always ready to face the market requirements, to fully satisfy the needs and the expectancies of our customers. After reaching the highest quality level of the product, our company thought it was unavoidable to introduce a new safety device for high-speed electric spindles, which automatic tool changer.
The GC safety system is developed for tool-holders according to DIN 69871, to be used for GC electric spindles with automatic tool change.
The safety device has been PATENTED for the following features:
1) MECHANICAL SAFETY: the small chariot, after each tool change, by injecting air in the pneumatic inlet to lock, travels into the “V” notch of the tool holder, preventing the sudden ejection of the same, owing to the centrifugal force, in case of breaking of the pull-stud or of the internal locking springs.
- Maximum shear stress load: 1000 kg.
- Inlet air pressure to lock must be 6 bar minimum, and must be switched on when the safety device is operating.
- Inlet air pressure to unlock must be 4-6 bar.
- The air pressure to pressurize the safety device must be 4 to 6 bar and must be always on when the device is operating. Please connect the pressurization inlet with the lock inlet and use a suitable valve to adjust the pressure.
2) ELECTRONIC SAFETY: the preamplified induction sensor, 4 PNP dia., located in the small chariot, the signal of which grants the correct position of the tool-holder and of the safety device; see our sketch.
- The sensor cable should have a separate supply line, independent of the power supply line, to avoid signal interferences.
- The reading distance of the sensor is 0,4mm from the tool holder surface.
3) Possibility of an EASY ASSEMBLING all around the spindle nose, to meet the customer’s requirements.
GC50 – GC150 – GC160
The CG Company has developed three monitoring systems which, through the continuous control of the working parameters – wear, failure and collision – provide to keep under control a working center and, if necessary, to alert the operator of a possible catastrophic event, granting a package of benefits the economic value of which greatly compensate the investment.
The above benefits can be so summarized:
- REDUCTION TO A MINIMUM OF THE DEAD OPERATING TIME
- MAXIMUM EXPLOITMENT OF THE TOOL, OF COURSE WITHIN THE SAFETY LIMITS
- IMPROVEMENT OF QUALITY OF THE PIECE MACHINED
- POSSIBILITY OF AVOIDING THE QUALITY CONTROL ON THE PIECES MACHINED
- INCREASE OF THE MACHINE SAFETY
Machining - The system checks:
- tool availability;
- tool failure;
- collision-free operation.
Safety - The system avoids:
- bed tool clamping with following unclamping during the operation;
- to high revolution speed of a tool of size much bigger than foreseen;
- uncontrolled acceleration of the electric spindle;
- very strong vibration caused by an unbalanced tool.
Preventive mainteneance - The system keeps under control:
- ball bearing wear;
- vibration increase due to the machine ageing.